As promised, a second summer playlist! This time 'round, I thought I'd give a short bit on how each song found its way on to the list. Like myself, the collection is quite random, but I like to have songs for different moods and things and places. I'd love to hear your feedback! =)
- "Daylight" by Matt and Kim /The entire album,"Grand" is basically AMAZING. The tracks are so catchy. Keyboard, drums, and lyrics. So simple and so great. I can't stop listening to it!
- "Don't Slow Down" by Matt and Kim/right now, I sing this to myself when I get a rush of customers @ work. Coming this fall, this will be my all-nighter theme song!
- "Warm Whispers" by Missy Higgins/ This girl's voice is so soothing. She sounds like her lyrics "honey and milk." It reminds me of feeling the sun warm on your face on a perfect summer afternoon. I like to mellow out and sing along to this one.
- "Machine" by Regina Spektor /My girl finally came out with another album! Spektor is an acquired taste, you either hate her or love her. Completely unique. The instrumentals and tempo sound just like a machine.
- "4 out of 5" by Peter Bjorn and John /I love songs that make you count (hehe). I love the tempo in this song. You'll be singing the chorus every time someone says 1, 2, 3...
- "Cheerleader" by Grizzly Bear/ I really enjoy the sound of the vocals in this song. This is another one great for unwinding.
- "Trouble" by Coldplay/I absolutely love the instrumentals in this song!! It has a less than cheery-sunshine-sound, but, hey, sometimes it rains. I overplayed Viva La Vida last summer, so in redemption, I'm listening to some older stuff.
- "July! July!" by The Decemberists/Because its July and it's the Decemberists. Simple enough.
- "Turn My Swag On" by Souljaboytellem/ This gets me off to work right =). It's great for getting ready.
- "The Wanting Comes in Waves/Repaid" by the Decemberists/ Totally makes me want to put on a Victorian dress, play the harpsichord, then go to a haunted house. Very odd series of events there.
- "A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left" by Andrew Bird/ The song that got me hooked. Recently found out I'll be seeing him in Asheville in October!!! I'll listen everyday in preparation!
That's all for now, folks! Happy Summer Days!