4.13.2009

Badgley Mischka and 20s street style

For SCADstyle week, we had the honor of having designers Marc Badgley and James Mischka hold a Q&A tonight. The discussion, questions, and advice were great. They spoke about their label's style, tips on how to make it in the fast-paced fashion business, how they started out, and there was a lot of talk about the current economic situation. According to them, the $10,000 dresses they make and couture industry will survive! Apparently, it can never die.
Oddly related, the girl that sat in front of me caught my attention for a street style post. Turbans have been on my mind since I designed a retro swimwear collection that included a few of the cute wrap caps. Her turban is actually a 20s cap that she so cleverly wore backwards. Paired with the striped top, tassel necklace, and wide leg pant I read the perfect 20s vibe. So, some people can still afford a $10,000 gown as opposed to, say, the normal three in today's fickle economy. I say, stylish folks like this girl have the answer if its daily wear and a smaller budget were talking about. Vintage is always the answer! At least for me!
I'm still swamped with work, but I can't control my urge to post! Until next time loves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

related post
http://katarashop.blogspot.com/2009/05/badgley-mischka-couture-nikki-gloss.html

best regard
katarashop

Blog Widget by LinkWithin